Sunday, April 28, 2013

NaPoWriMo Day 28

Day 28

Today's poetic offering for National Poetry Writing Month is a description of stuffiness you cannot escape when it is within you.

COTTONHEAD BLUES

I've been off the grid for days
The passage of time I record
only as a habit too long and too deeply entrenched
My head is filled with downy white wadding
My mind refuses to focus
My mouth, dry as cotton balls
My thirst unquenchable
My ears are stuffed with soft white fluff
muffling the conversations of today
into muted, pretty background noise
My parched skin screams "Yield"
as I wander the house in a strange fugue
of distant awareness and detached interest

Copyright Celena Diana Bumpus

Creative Commons License
Cottonhead Blues by Celena Diana Bumpus is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at http://perceiveideas.blogspot.com/2013/05/napowrimo-day-28.html.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://perceiveideas.blogspot.com.

No comments: