Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Secret Recipe For Nausea: SuperSmoothe Chicken Broth

Nausea and lack of appetite are very real problems to face during cancer treatment and through major illnesses.  I had 3 rounds of chemotherapy. One of the spices I discovered that helped to alleviate nausea was ginger.

Using ginger, I created this recipe to help combat nausea and provide much needed protein when my appetite was low.

One of the recipes I recommend for everyone is my SuperSmoothe Chicken Broth:

Swanson's 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth
Fresh Ginger Root
Fresh Lime
optional:  add tbsp Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute

Take 8 oz of chicken broth.  Wash Ginger Root thoroughly.  Add a 2 inch slice of the washed ginger root and squeeze the juice of one whole lime into cup.  Optional to add seasoning.  Microwave cup for 6 minutes or until it has boiled for several minutes.  Drink hot.

If the mixture gets cold.  It is still great to drink for soothing your throat.


No comments: